- This event has passed.
Harbison Dementia Living Open House – 24 November
November 24, 2019 @ 14:00 - 16:00
Announcing a chance to tour Harbison Dementia Living – a groundbreaking new option in the Southern Highlands for people living with dementia and learn how Harbison is changing the way we think about dementia.
Based on the proven Butterfly model of dementia care, Harbison Dementia Living provides a home-like experience to support the independence and comfort of people living with dementia. Incorporating modern, unobtrusive safety systems including an Australian-first “smart” floor that can detect falls.
The home is designed to support the therapeutic benefits of involving residents as much as possible in normal daily activities, to provide a sense of purpose and independence in a safe and familiar setting.
Designed as a large country home set in extensive specially designed dementia-friendly gardens, features include:
- Small-scale living with maximum 15 residents per household
- A range of room choices available
- Premium king single garden or courtyard bedrooms with private bathrooms
- Premium suites with a sitting room, private bathrooms, double beds, smart TV, private verandas
- Every bedroom door is unique to assist wayfinding and create a sense of arrival
- Imported ergonomic anti-microbial age and dementia friendly bathroom fittings
- Pergolas, raised vegetable gardens, country-style sensory gardens, outdoor seating areas, hills hoists, men’s shed, pathways, to encourage sunshine and fresh air
- Central communal kitchen with Miele appliances designed to involve residents in the meal experience and provide cooking as an activity
- Communal dining room designed to encourage social interaction
- Dementia friendly laundry designed to allow residents to participate in this comforting day-to-day activity
- Central lounge activities space with special tactile dementia friendly furniture
- Sitting room
- Dementia friendly fireplaces
- Unobtrusive state-of-the-art safety systems
- 24/7 specialist dementia care
- 24/7 on site registered nurse
- Clinical Psychologist on staff to support mental health and wellbeing and management of responsive behaviours
- High staff resident ratios
- Permanent or respite care
- Your choice of fully refundable Government guaranteed accommodation deposit or daily accommodation fees