Chefs and Cooks
Various opportunities exist for experienced Chefs or Cooks to join the catering team on a permanent full-time or part-time basis.
This role will focus on preparing and delivering consistent nutritional, and appetising meals for our customers. Chef responsibilities include contributing recipes, developing seasonal menus, and preparing high-quality dishes.
The supporting function of this role will encompass delegation of tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely and professional manner. This role supports sustainability, continuous improvement, and the strategic direction of Harbison.
- Hold a Commercial Cookery Trade Certificate
- Have experience in purchasing, product specification, stock control, recipe, and a computerised menu system
- Possess effective communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated Commitment to hygiene standards
- Experience within an aged care, hotel, or bulk catering environment
- Proven ability to prioritise work tasks and manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- NO late nights
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via https://accesspay.com.au/)
- Free, confidential counselling & wellbeing services via our Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible days / hours to support work-life balance
- Ongoing training and development, with a commitment to investing & supporting each employee and their chosen career progression.
- Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by completing the ‘Apply Now’ details below.
- A detailed role description can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- For further information regarding the role, please contact Workforce Engagement Coordinator, Jessica Kelly on 02 4868 6226.
Please note: a current Influenza vaccination and evidence of the COVID-19 vaccination requirements of employment at Harbison.