Personal Carers: Dementia Unit
We are currently seeking part-time experienced carers in aged care to join our team in our newly built Dementia-Specific Unit. In this role you will be responsible for;
- Providing quality care to residents living with dementia utilising a ‘person-centred’ approach
- Assisting residents with varying levels of personal care needs
- Assisting residents with activities of daily living in accordance with their individual care plans
- Ensuring the residents rights, dignity and confidentiality is always upheld
- Creating meaningful activities to engage residents
- Reporting and documenting changes in resident care needs and uncharacteristic behaviours
- Working with staff and residents from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Working in accordance with allied health services whilst ensuring that Harbison’s mission and values are always upheld
What are we looking for?
- A strong commitment to customer service and relationship-building
- A commitment to a high standard and quality of resident care
- A focus on continuous improvement
- Previous experience in a Dementia Care environment
- Demonstrates a high standard of personal appearance
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Flexibility and availability to work shifts that include weekends, late afternoons and evenings
- Proactive attitude
- A willingness to undertake and engage in additional training and education opportunities facilitated by Harbison
To be successful, you will have:
- A minimum Certificate III in individual support or have experience in dementia care and support
- We are ideally we are seeking team members with a strong focus on customer service and care with an adaptable and ‘can-do’ attitude
- The ability to use smart technology
- An understanding of safe work practices and appropriate manual handling procedures
What are some of the benefits?
- Plenty of shifts available and penalties
- Access to in-house and online training programs
- Career progression opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Supportive, positive team environment
How do I Apply?
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by clicking the “Apply for this Job” button.
For further information regarding the role, please contact People & Culture Coordinator, Ashley Stoyles on 02 4868 6200.