We are currently seeking a Procurement Officer to join our team. The role will primarily be responsible for managing the organisation’s inventory risk, namely, the day to day ordering of inventory, replacement equipment and consumables, inwards goods management, inventory management (processing and distributing internal orders) and warehouse management. The role is also responsible for managing stock control and price control and is accountable for supplier relationship management.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Day to day management of the procurement process from coordinating supplier arrangements, working with internal stakeholders to identify and purchase supplies, managing receipt of goods and stock levels and managing stakeholder relationships.
- Manage the administration of contracts for each supplier arrangement.
- Monitor internal procurement system and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organisation, including stock level management and data accuracy.
- Manage the accurate receipt of supplies, the distribution of the goods to the appropriate departments and maintenance of optimal stock control levels and secure and appropriate storage of goods.
- Contribute to the development of procurement guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Monitor and report on progress and compliance of supplier agreements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to address and resolve any supply issues or non-compliance issues.
- Support the health, safety and well-being of the workforce and treat all fairly, equitably and with respect.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all legislative and quality standard requirements that relate to the department
What are we looking for
- Experience with procurement systems and supplier negotiation (preferred)
- Strong communication skills
- Drivers licence
- Forklift licence (preferred)
- Strong focus on WHS principles
- Accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure within timeframes
- Goal focused
- A positive attitude
- Ability to be professional when dealing with internal and external customers
- Honesty and integrity
- Ability to work well in a team or independently
What are some of the benefits?
- Access to in-house and online training programs
- Career progression opportunities
- Salary packaging
- Supportive, positive team environment
How do I Apply?
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter by clicking the “Apply for this Job” button. Applications close 9 June 2021 (or prior, if suitable candidates are found).
For further information regarding the roles, please contact Danny Turner on 02 4868 6229.