Residential Care Officer Traineeship
We seek applicants with a passion for people and a commitment to delivering high-quality care and treating every individual with respect and dignity.
Harbison, in partnership with the University of Wollongong, is excited to offer Care Service Employee/Certificate IV Traineeships commencing March 2023.
Earn and learn … successful candidates will be employed by Harbison and undertake studies in Certificate IV in Ageing Support (fee-free) with the University of Wollongong Moss Vale Campus throughout a 12-month Traineeship Agreement. Trainees will be supported via a buddy system at work and receive mentorship from Registered Nursing students from the UOW campus.
Upon successfully completing the Certificate IV, trainees will be eligible to apply for the Bachelor of Nursing Degree at UOW in addition to casual and/or permanent positions with Harbison. This is an excellent opportunity for applicants of all ages over 17 with an employer that respects diversity & supports employee development.
The role of the carer is to actively involve the residents in everyday domestic living to create meaningful occupations and activities. A significant component of the role is to put ‘people first, tasks second’ using the person-centred approach to make ‘each house a home’.
- Practice holistic, high-quality, safe, efficient, and effective care (within the scope of practice) and assist residents always to maintain their independence and dignity.
- Develop and implement care plans in accordance with the individual needs of the customer using the ‘person-centred’ approach.
- Involve the residents in everyday domestic living, e.g., cooking, cleaning, and general laundry.
- Provide a positive mealtime experience by encouraging residents to be involved in the process, e.g., using smells, touch, and music to create a social aspect to the mealtimes.
- Use your imagination to engage the residents in meaningful occupations and activities.
- Develop and implement care plans in accordance with individual needs and ensure completion of daily documentation and required assessments for residents each shift.
- In conjunction with the clinical team and Team Leader, develop plans, programs, and initiatives to maximise resident outcomes while maintaining professional accountability and a focus on customer service.
- Regularly meet with the Team Leaders and report any changes in the resident’s condition.
- Work in partnership with Medical Practitioners and other Allied Health Professionals to deliver specialised care to ensure the best possible outcomes for residents.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the role.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in a caring, loving environment along with a highly recognised qualification, this may be just your role.
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via AccessPay) includes up to $15,900 in pre-tax earnings plus $2,650 to contribute towards entertainment benefits each year
- Free, confidential counselling & well-being services via our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and development, with a commitment to investing & supporting each employee and their chosen career progression.
- Interested applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by completing the ‘Apply Now’ details below.
- For further information regarding the role, please contact Workforce Engagement Coordinator, Jessica Kelly at 02 4868 6226.