Volunteer Companion (Spanish-Speaking)
We are currently seeking a Spanish-speaking Volunteer Companion. In this role you will be responsible for;
- Spend time with a resident on a one-on-one basis as well as group settings.
- Participate in activities that align with the needs and interests of the resident.
- Enhancing the resident’s independence and personal well-being by providing companionship and friendship, whilst building a meaningful connection.
- Communicating any concerns that may arise to the Clinical Leaders or Personal Care Managers
What are we looking for?
- Must be able to speak and understand conversational Spanish
- Must be available for at least 2 hour per week
- Genuine empathy, respect and understanding of the older community, and valuing each individual’s contribution to the community
- A strong commitment & sensitivity to with the needs of older residents from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a strong emphasis on adapting to unique resident needs
- A willingness to maintain confidentiality and respect for resident privacy
- Reliability, punctuality and the ability to commit time to volunteer on a regular basis
- A willingness to undergo orientation and training, to work under supervision and to attend meetings
- Carry out other reasonable tasks as requested
What are some of the benefits?
- Access to in-house and online training programs
- Supportive, positive team environment
- Gaining new skills and experience in aged care
Interested applicants are encouraged to fill out the application form below.
For further information regarding the role, please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Jill Wall on 02 4868 6200.