Harbison visiting hours are 10:00am until 4:00pm, except for end-of-life visits and Partners in Care.
Please note, there is a COVID-19 outbreak in multiple wings at Moss Vale. Visitors may continue to visit but must be aware of heightened precautions in place, and follow Harbison outbreak protocol.
Conditions of Entry:
- Visitors must declare they have a negative result from a COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) on the same day as the visit. We no longer require you to perform a RAT on arrival, but free RAT kits are available for those who need them.
- Visitors must disclose if they have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 or have any symptoms of COVID-19 or are waiting for the result of a COVID-19 test, in which case they must not enter.
- Visitors must not enter for at least seven (7) days after they test positive for COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19.
- Vaccination is no longer a condition of entry, but we strongly recommend visitors have current vaccination for COVID-19 and influenza.
- Visitors over the age of 12 years must wear a surgical mask while indoors. On request, a Registered Nurse may grant permission to remove a mask in Alpine and Avoca in Moss Vale or Dementia Living at Burradoo provided that a physical distance of 1.5m is maintained while the mask is removed.
- Visitors must comply with registration at the visitor screening kiosk.
- Visiting hours remain 10am to 4pm, except for Partners-in-Care and end-of-life visits.
You are not permitted to enter Harbison if:
- you have COVID-19 symptoms;
- have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 7 days, or
- are waiting for a COVID-19 PCR result.
If you have recently arrived from overseas, you must contact our IPC Coordinator during office hours for clearance before you visit.
If you have any issues or concerns please don’t hesitate to call us on 02 4868 6200 or complete our Feedback form online.
Partners in Care
Partnerships in Care is endorsed by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and is like the Approved Visitor Program we ran earlier in the pandemic. Each resident is entitled to nominate a single Partner in Care to support them for the duration of the outbreak. Usually, this will be someone with a close and continuing relationship with the resident.
- A Partner in Care is not simply a visitor. They need to accept the risks of infection including chronic illness and death.
- Partners in Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a third dose if eligible.
- Full PPE to each Partner in Care and train them how to use it.
- Partners in Care will be confined with their resident in the resident’s room or adjacent outdoor area.
- They are expected to frequently and regularly visit their resident and will work with the resident under the direction of our staff to support a range of activities.
To register your interest, please email our Residential Care Manager with the name of the resident you wish to support, explaining your relationship to the resident, providing your preferred phone and email contact details, and outlining your availability.
Virtual Visits are available for those who wish to keep in touch you their loved ones remotely.
- We can support video, phone call or social app visits by providing a photo or computer tablet to the resident
- Duration: 1 hour
- Please book your Virtual Visit here
- Choose Moss Vale or Burradoo site
- Choose your preferred date
- Choose your preferred time
We invite you to send messages to our residents using the following email addresses. Write a poem, tell a story, share a joke… We look forward to hearing from you!
If you wish to send an email to a specific resident, please be sure to include their name in the subject line.
Proof of vaccination can be stored in our electronic check-in system and verified when you are registered on the system. We encourage you to upload proof of vaccination prior to your visit to assist with a smoother process.