Harbison visiting hours are strictly 10:00am to 4:00pm, except for end-of-life visits and Partners in Care.
Conditions of Entry:
- Visitors over 12 years of age must provide evidence of two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine at least 14-days prior to the visit (evidence required each visit) OR a NSW Health medical contraindication certificate. Please upload your proof of vaccination here.
- Visitors must perform a Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) immediately prior to entry.
- Visitors must follow infection prevention and control protocols, as directed.
- Visitors must always wear a P2 mask. In some cases, we may require a visitor to wear additional PPE. Masks may not be removed without permission from an RN. Permission may only be granted if the mask prevents communication e.g., with a person living with dementia, or creates a safety hazard, or to eat or drink in a designated blue zone e.g., in the café. If a visitor removes a mask, they must maintain a minimum 1.5m social distance.
- Visitors must sign into our electronic visitor log and meet current screening requirements.
- Visitors must sign in using the Service NSW COVIDSafe check-in app.
- Visitors must conduct their visits in a resident’s room, outdoors, or in the café, where masks may be removed to eat or drink.
- Visitors must minimise interactions with staff and other residents and not linger in communal areas.
Visits are limited to two (2) visitors per resident per day plus two (2) children under the age of 12 if accompanied by the adult visitors. Children over the age of three (3) years are required to wear a surgical mask. Partners in Care do not count towards the visitor limit.
Visitor Rapid Antigen Testing:
- Harbison is happy to provide rapid antigen testing for visitors.
- Visitors are required to wait in a holding area pending the result of the RAT (usually 15 minutes).
- If a RAT is positive, then you are excluded from Harbison pending clearance from NSW Health.
- Boxes of 20 RAT kits are available for purchase from Harbison for $175 per box. Click here to order a box or ask at the office during business hours.
We ask visitors to consider donating when they visit to help offset the cost of their visit. COVID-19 has cost Harbison more than $1M so far, which reduces the funding available for care and services. Because we are a registered charity, donations of $2 or more may be tax deductible. Our staff will gladly accept your donation at the door, or you can email email@example.com with your contact details.
You are not permitted to enter Harbison if:
- you have arrived from overseas in the past 14-days unless you have a negative RAT test on or after day-6 from arrival in NSW. An exemption is available on compassionate grounds for end-of-life visits;
- you have COVID-19 symptoms;
- have been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or
- are waiting for a COVID-19 PCR result.
If you have recently arrived from overseas, you must contact our IPC Coordinator during office hours for clearance before you visit.
If you have any issues or concerns please don’t hesitate to call us on 02 4868 6200 or complete our Feedback form online.
Partners in Care
Partnerships in Care is endorsed by the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission and is like the Approved Visitor Program we ran earlier in the pandemic. Each resident is entitled to nominate a single Partner in Care to support them for the duration of the outbreak. Usually, this will be someone with a close and continuing relationship with the resident.
- A Partner in Care is not simply a visitor. They need to accept the risks of infection including chronic illness and death.
- Partners in Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, including a third dose if eligible.
- Full PPE to each Partner in Care and train them how to use it.
- Partners in Care will be confined with their resident in the resident’s room or adjacent outdoor area.
- They are expected to frequently and regularly visit their resident and will work with the resident under the direction of our staff to support a range of activities.
To register your interest, please email our Residential Care Manager with the name of the resident you wish to support, explaining your relationship to the resident, providing your preferred phone and email contact details, and outlining your availability.
Virtual Visits are available for those who wish to keep in touch you their loved ones remotely.
- We can support video, phone call or social app visits by providing a photo or computer tablet to the resident
- Duration: 1 hour
- Please book your Virtual Visit here
- Choose Moss Vale or Burradoo site
- Choose your preferred date
- Choose your preferred time
We invite you to send messages to our residents using the following email addresses. Write a poem, tell a story, share a joke… We look forward to hearing from you!
If you wish to send an email to a specific resident, please be sure to include their name in the subject line.
Proof of vaccination can be stored in our electronic check-in system and verified when you are registered on the system. We encourage you to upload proof of vaccination prior to your visit to assist with a smoother process.